Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Four for the Price of One-A Polack's Guide to Leftovers

So, as Saturday was the busiest day known to man, Sunday was equally as crazy, Monday was my birthday, and I was running on minimal sleep, I figured that one big Tuesday blog would suffice for this little project of mine. Now, just because I was crazy busy (Working not one, but two jobs from 9 am until about 10 pm), doesn't mean that I didn't take the time to enjoy an amazing breakfast.

Friday night, I had a few friends over to enjoy the anniversary of my birth (which is tomorrow). Because of my incessant need to buy 27 different kinds of cheese, and my friends' understanding of my cheese obsession (oh yes, OBSESSION), I ended up with a tasty variety of cheesy goodness. So both yesterday and this morning's breakfast utilize the cheesy-ness (I'll be making some homemade mac and cheese tomorrow!)


Saturday

I consumed one of the tastiest breakfasts that I've had in a while. I cooked the last 2 pieces of bacon from the bacon wrapped stuffed jalepeno peppers. The I cut a slice of leftover beer bread, used a shot glass to poke a hole in the bread, and grilled the bread in the remaining bacon greasy goodness. I dropped an egg in the bread hole, fried and flipped the bread/egg combo. Topped it with the bacon and melted cablanca cheese(a semi hard goat cheese that I highly recommend). A-MAZ-ING.

Sunday

I made an egg scramble with the stuffing from the aforementioned jalepenos (cream cheese, gouda, pineapple, and jalepeno). Fast, easy, and tasty. I woke up pretty early for this one, and had some cleaning to do, so I didn't want to go all out.

Monday

I woke up on birthday morning at the bf's house, where he has stocked the fridge with Corn King bacon (my fave) and eggs. After coaxing him into waking up for bacon, I finally got him out of bed for an easy peasy bacon, cheesy egg (scrambled with cheddar), and English muffin breakfast. He commented to me about how as the birthday girl, I probably should have had someone cook me breakfast...but really...I wanted bacon. He had bacon. He doesn't cook bacon. or eggs. Really, he doesn't cook at all. (He did toast the English muffins and make juice....AND he cleaned up. Winning in my book). So I cooked breakfast and it was bacon-y and happy.

Today

Today is the first day of my new job as a clinician at a learning center. It is vitally important to have a good solid breakfast before such an important event. But of course, waking up at 6am isn't conducive to a well made meal...particularly because I am always running late...I left the house with a bottle of water and a 90 calorie snack pack (okay, that came from my car snack pack box--also known as a glove compartment). I realized that there was a Dunkin Donuts on the corner of Main and St. Charles, and grabbed a coffee (YES!) and breakfast sandwich. Coffee was great but the sammich left something to be desired. Note to self: NEVER get sausage sammich from DD. It was like eating seasoned cardboard. Boo. Next time, I'll just eat the bagel.
So here I am, sitting in the (ok, one of many) downtown Oak Park Starbuck's (Thanks for the gift card, J!) typing blog of joy. And I'm off to the new job in t minus 10 minutes! Wish me luck! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did YOU have for breakfast today?