Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Breakfast: It's What Gets Me Out of Bed Every Morning

I love breakfast. Really, how can anyone not? Eggs? Check. CHEESE?!?!? Check. Bread/Carbs of some sort? Check. Potatoes? Check. BACON?!? Double Check.

As you can see, I have a little bit of a love affair with breakfast. Frequently posting my tasty concoctions on Facebook, bragging to my non-culinary genius of a best friend (though she makes excellent dessert), savoring every last bite of my tasty breakfast for one...I adore breakfast. I decided that sharing my breakfast excellence with the blogging world was only a little necessary.

Now, I must warn you, its not your typical breakfast in my house. Occasionally, I will have guests that I cook normal plain and boring breakfast for: friends, fam, etc., but for me, it's go big or go home. Take this morning for example: peach and havarti crepes with an over medium egg garnished with fresh chopped rosemary. There wasn't much to work with in the fridge, but I made an AMAZING breakfast. :)

Of course, what I think is a great idea, may not bode so kindly to weaker stomachs...I often find myself googling the strange combinations that I come up with, just to see if other people think like I do. Here are some of the suggested tasty treats:

Stuffed French Toast
Peach Rosemary Jam
Peach Rosemary Lemonade

I'm terrible with recipes, because I don't follow them...and I never measure anything. I know that for two small crepes, I use about 1/6 cup of flour, maybe a tablespoon of egg white, a few pinches of sugar, and enough water to make it super thin...cook in a pan on medium heat. For this recipe, I used a whole peach and several small slices of havarti cheese, and garnished it with some fresh rosemary from my mini-herb garden. I also don't particularly like to waste the rest of an egg, so I ate the remainder of the egg over medium with my crepes. This is the recipe that I based my crepes off of:

Crepe Recipe

Crepes are actually pretty easy to make, and don't take very long, so go for it and try one! :)

See you tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did YOU have for breakfast today?