Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hangover Breakfast

 "And last but not least, the wonderful crew at McDonald's for spending hours making those Egg McMuffins, without which I might never be tardy." -Travis Clueless

So last night was a bit rough on my system...Thanks to a six pack of Grimbergen (*drool*), a Blue Moon, aaaand an Oktoberfest...Whoops. Woke up this morning to rain, rain, rain...and wanted to go back to sleep. Unfortunately hangover won't let me sleep until I've consumed some water, some advil, and some breakfast.

Cue McDonald's for the catchall cure-all. I have a general plan of attack when it comes to hangovers. If I'm totally nauseated, then I bring in the big guns with Alkaseltzer morning relief. Otherwise, I go straight for McDonald's Breakfast. I know I know. Bad...but so so good! There's a non-essential amino acid in eggs (cysteine) that breaks down the toxins that cause the hangover. Also containing this substance is pork (mmmm insert sausage McMuffin with egg here) so your hangover is on the way to recovery with this happy breakfast. Although greasy food doesn't actually help hangovers, I always seem in better spirits the morning after drinking with a nice crispy hash brown...or two... In college it was always about those delicious potato triangles (sometimes dipped in liquid cheese sauce...I know sounds gross...but come on...it was college).

If the McD's breakfast ceases to work or isn't your thing, bring out the big guns with a vanilla frozen custard shake from Culver's. It helps. Really. I can't explain why, though I think it has something to do with that
cysteine stuff again...


Regardless, I had a delightfully bad for me breakfast, and I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did YOU have for breakfast today?